By Physical Therapist, Carl Marino
Note: When first starting to use your MEDmassager unit, whether the body massager or the foot massager, we recommend you begin at the lowest speed setting and then slowly try the higher settings to your preference of comfort and relief.
Precaution: Although you can use the body massager over any joint or muscle group, there are standard precautions that must be addressed with any medical device
- Chronic and persistent pain can be the sign of an underlying condition. If you do not find even temporary relief with the MEDmassager, then you should consult a physician.
- Do not use the body massager over a pregnant or potentially pregnant abdomen
- Do not massage over a pacemaker or any other implanted device such as a pain pump
- Do not use on the top area of the head or temples
- Do not use over an infected area
- Do not use over a diagnosed deep vein thrombosis (internal blood clot)
- Your BODY massage unit may be used over all joints of the spinal column and extremities. We recommend treatment time to be from 5-15 minutes and may be done several times per day.
- The BODY massager may be used with massage oils if desired, but that is personal preference.
- A hot shower or bath preceding using the massager can further stimulate the IMPROVED CIRCULATION created by the MEDmassager.