Improving your peripheral circulation is possible in the comfort of your own home as well as outside the home.
Here are six simple steps to aid in the attempt to improve your circulation this Spring:
1.) Avoid sitting for long periods of time.
2. Don’t forget to stretch your arms and legs.
3. Sit in ways that don’t restrict circulation such as crossing your legs.
4. Keep your extremities warm.
5. Watch out for articles of clothing that will restrict blood flow.
6. Move about at home. Even taking small steps can help improve circulation.
7.) Eat the Right Diet: Make sure to drink plenty of water daily and watch the number of fats in your diet. Quit smoking as this can lead to clogging of the arteries.
8. Exercise is not only GREAT for cardiac health, but it releases endorphins–the happy hormone. Exercise has also been linked to decreasing depression by at least 20 percent.
9. A body brush can help increase circulation.
10. Trick your body by using the warm to cold method. The shower may be the most convenient.
According to stannahstairlifts.co.uk, peripheral circulation is likely to be overlooked.
Read the rest of the article here.